Antwerp is located about 150 km from Brussels and was home to the master of the Baroque style, Paul Peter Rubens. The city has the largest Gothic church in the Low Countries, where you can admire two of the most beautiful masterpieces of the baroque painter. Antwerp is the second largest town of Belgium, the largest port of Belgium and the second largest port of Europe. You will be pleasantly surprised by the history of the city and by the fusion of architectural styles from various periods of time. WHAT TO EXPECT
• Departure from Brussels by train with our guide, who will tell you about the history, the architecture, the legends and much more for a visit of maximum 3 hours,
• The guide will suggest free-time activities (museums, restaurants, boutiques…),
• Free time of 3 hours,
• Return to Brussels by train with our guide.
If you would like to stay in Antwerp for a longer time, our guide will give you all the necessary information to return to Brussels. •
When: Every Tuesday and Thursday
Starting time: 9:30 am
• Grand-Place in front of the “Tourist Information Office”. Find our guides. They hold a white umbrella
Duration: 9 hours
• Professional guide, expert in the history and the legends of Antwerp
• Round trip by train from Brussels (Brussels-Antwerp-Brussels)
• The meals
• The optional visit of the private residence of Paul Peter Rubens (8,00€ - paid directly on site)
• The optional visit of the Cathedral (6,00€ - paid directly on site)
FREQUENTLY ASKED QUESTIONS
Size of the group: to ensure the best service possible, our tours are limited to 25 participants per group.
For larger groups, please contact us. Booking:
Bravo Discovery offers you two booking options:
• Free booking : book and pay in cash on the day of the visit
• Online booking : book and pay directly online
We advise you to reserve your place as soon as possible to ensure availability. You can book up to 2 hours before the beginning of the tour (depending on the availability). How to spot our guides? that’s easy. Our guides hold a white umbrella with the "Bravo Discovery - Walking tour" logo on it. You will of course be informed of the name and contact details of your guide. We are a group: we recommend our "Day trip to Antwerp" private guided tour starting from 220,00€. Send us a message to receive a personalised offer. The Rubens House “Rubenshuis”: the museum is open daily from 10 a.m.
until 5 p.m. Price: 8€
Do you have more questions? if you have any further questions or would like to get more information, please do not hesitate to contact us. PROGRAM
• The Central Train Station, known as the ‘iron cathedral’ and considered as one of the most beautiful railway stations in the world
• The diamond district, where you will learn about the history and cutting process of diamonds, and admire unique jewellery pieces
• « The Meir », Antwerp’s main shopping street and where you can admire fashion stores in a beautiful architectonical setting
• The “Meir Palace”, a Rococo mansion that was Napoleon’s palace. Taste artisanal coffee and handmade chocolate in what is now one of the most famous chocolate shops in Belgium
• Rubens’ house and learn a quick history of his work and contribution to Flemish art
• The marketplace, the guildhalls and the City Hall
• Cathedral of Our Lady, which is the largest Gothic church in the Low Countries and admire its north tower.
Inside, contemplate an art collection that includes four masterpieces of Paul Peter Rubens. Visit the Baroque pulpit with a wooden sculpture of Pocahontas, and check beautiful stained glasses
• Saint Charles Borromeo church, a jewel of Baroque architecture in the city that treasures one if the most beautiful Baroque confessionals in the world
• The “Het Steen”, a medieval castle located in the city’s ancient port, from where you can admire the Scheldt River and contemplate a sunset next to the water
TERMS OF SERVICE:
• To ensure your participation, we recommend booking your tour as soon as possible. • The number of participants is limited. • Bravo Discovery ensures participation to only those who booked in advance. • Without prior booking, our guides reserve the right to refuse participation in the tour depending on the availability.
• We kindly ask you to be at the meeting point 10 minutes prior to the scheduled starting time.
• You can book up to 2 hours before the beginning of the tour (please note that the number of participants is limited to 25 per group).
• Up to 24 hours prior to the tour: 100% refund. • Less than 24 hours prior to the tour: no refund.
Bravo Discovery guarantees you the best guided tours in Antwerp. We offer you to visit three of the most beautiful cities in Belgium: Bruges, Ghent, and Antwerp. They have impressive medieval city centers that stand as a proof of their historical character. Nowadays, Bruges, Ghent, and Antwerp are flourishing cities that in their own way can offer you the best of Belgian cuisine, beer, chocolate, fashion, arts and museums. English-speaking guides will meet you in Brussels from where you will depart on train to your respective destination, and they will go along with you during your day trip excursion until you come back to Brussels. Bravo Discovery staff members will make sure that you get the best of your tour, learning about the history and architecture of your destination, visiting its more important landmarks, and recommending you what to do and where to grab a bite during your free time.
Bravo Discovery sprlhttp://www.bravodiscovery.com